To recognise companies who have been successful in investing in and into Estonia.
Who can apply?
All production and service companies who are active in Estonia and have made an important investment in the last three years are eligible to apply.
Evaluation criteria and assessment
The following economic indicators are evaluated:
- Absolute volume of investments made into an Estonian company in the last three years (15%)
- Increase in added value per employee in 2016, 2017, 2018 (15%)
- Contribution to the development of the Estonian economy (on a scale from 1–5) (15%)
A significant accomplishment in at least one of the following fields (55%):
- Creation of a new product, technology or industry in Estonia
- Expansion of the value chain in Estonia
- Creation of new highly qualified jobs
- Contribution to social development through resolution of a social, environmental, communal, work environment, natural environment or market environment issue.
- Initiating a new development of products or services in collaboration with Estonian and/or foreign research development centres in the organisations where the investments were made into.
- Creating growth opportunities for new talents in co-operation with local educational institutions.
Economic parameters and answers to open questions are evaluated separately for each criterion and applicants are ranked based on all the percentages; three nominees for the investor category are selected on the basis of these rankings. The nominees are presented to the jury of the “Entrepreneurship Award 2019” in order to choose the winner of this category.